You can access your content from mobile devices using the special Box for EMM mobile app. Information on obtaining this app can be found on the "Mobile" tab of the Getting Started page.
For security reasons, saving files from Stanford Medicine Box to your mobile device is not currently allowed.
This functionality will be enabled in January or February for all Stanford Medicine Box users.
Box Sync is a desktop sync application that keeps all your files safe and secure in the cloud, while having them available on your computer and accessible from anywhere, on any device with Box mobile apps. No matter how you work, Box Sync helps you keep your files organized, safe, and always in sync.
- Sync only what you need – Selectively sync and unsync any folder on Box, including subfolders. Save time and disk space by only syncing important files and folders.
- Always sync on save – Upload files and changes to Box by simply clicking save in any application. No need to download, edit, and re-upload files you’re working on.
- Add files anywhere – Drag and drop files directly to your Box Sync folder – no need to create folders first.
- Get updates automatically – Seamless, automatic updates ensure that you are always running the latest version of Box Sync.
Box Edit lets users create and edit content directly on Box using the native applications installed on their computer. If you can edit it on your desktop, you can edit it on Box, all ingrained with how you already work in Box.
- Create new documents - Create brand new Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files directly from Box
- Edit files quickly - Open a file directly from the preview page on Box, make edits and save back automatically
- Edit any file type - Word documents, presentations, images, CAD files – you name it, you can edit easily
Box Notes is an easy-to-use document creation tool built natively in Box. With Box Notes, you can quickly take notes, share ideas and collaborate in real-time with your team—all without leaving Box. The notes are web-based documents and do not require any other software in order to create, view or edit.
* Box Notes requires at least IE10 to function.