Clinical Excellence Research Center
The first university-based research center exclusively dedicated to discovering, testing, and evaluating cost-saving innovations in clinically excellent care. Our research seeks more affordable ways to deliver better care for conditions consuming the bulk of the country's healthcare spending.
A Message From Our Director
"Federal creditworthiness and therefore American prosperity now hinge on continuously attaining better health with less health spending. By rapidly mobilizing emerging science and technology from engineering, management, and medicine, the Clinical Excellence Research Center will enable Stanford to help solve a seemingly intractable national challenge."
- Arnold Milstein, MD, MPH
Dr. Milstein founded CERC after two decades of improving healthcare value in the private sector and advising the White House and Congress. He is now training America's next generation of healthcare innovators to remove wasteful and dangerous inefficiencies that ail the U.S. health-care system.
Recent News & Publications
- Evaluating the quality of antihypertensive drugs in Lagos State, Nigeria - PlosOne, February 13, 2019
- Medicine alone can't lengthen US lives. We need to invest outside the health care system - USA Today, February 2, 2019
- Unpacking “Medicare for All” - SCOPE, January 29, 2019
- Why hasn’t digital technology transformed health care delivery? -SCOPE, January 24, 2019
- Toward an Effective Innovation Agenda -NEJM, January 23, 2019
- Stop outrageous air ambulance bills by disclosing the transport price - -StatNews, January 8, 2019
- Superstar- Young scientist helps design software that measures a surgeon’s skill - Stanford Medicine, Fall 2018