Civic Engagement Symposium
Exploring multi-disciplinary approaches toward Improving Health, Illness, and Wellness
The Center of Excellence in Diversity in Medical Education will host the 3rd annual multi-disciplinary Civic Engagement Symposium focused on improving health in our communities on Saturday, June 23, 2018.
This event is open to San Francisco Bay and Surrounding Area Community College, State University, and Independent School students, faculty, staff, and their community partners. Attendees will learn about strategies to improve health and health outcomes from posters, presenters and partners in various disciplines. Attendance is free, registration is required and seating is limited.
- Registration for attendees opens on March 1, 2018
- Call for abstracts opens on February 1, 2018
Congratulations to the 2016 Poster Session Winners
- Spotlight Award: 100 Citizens
- Promising Public Health Partnership: Cardiology Awareness and Resources for Everyone
- Model Community-Engaged Research Initiative: Evaluating the Lived Experiences of Male Day Laborers in Oakland, California
- Promising Educational Program: Exploring Science and Writing for Sheltered Youth
- Emerging Research in Health and Wellness: What is Narrative Medicine and How does it Benefit Patients, Providers and Communities?
Call for Presentation Abstracts
Abstracts are sought from students who have developed and implemented community health – related projects, events, activities, programs and initiatives with a community or educational partner.
Poster and presentation submissions may include topics related to:
- General Physical Health, Illness and Wellness
- Mental Health, Illness, and Wellness
- Community Health, Illness, and Wellness
- Health Outreach or Education
|8am – 9:15am||Check-in and Networking|
|9:15am – 9:45am||Introduction to the Stanford COEDME|
|9:45am – 10am||Keynote|
|10:15am – 11:15am||Session I|
|11:30am – 12:30pm||Session II|
|12:30pm – 1:15pm||Lunch Presentation|
|1:15pm – 2:15pm||Session III|
|2:15pm||Closing remarks, call to action, event survey
Date: Saturday, June 23, 2018
Time: 8am – 2:30pm
Stanford School of Medicine
Li Ka Shing Learning and Knowledge Center, 291 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305
Alway Building, Campus Drive and Roth Way, Stanford, CA 94305