The following printing and multimedia resources are available in the School of Medicine (for additional information, you can also visit the Public Computing page):
- Lane Library has both black-and-white and color printers available to the public in various library spaces. Instructions for Pay-to-Print can be found at the Lane Library Print, Copy, Scan page.
- Printers are also available (for students only), in the Computer Lab (M202) in the Alway building.
- Posters (including large-format) can be printed at Meyer Library.
- For print and web use, images and logos for SoM users can be found in SALLIE (Stanford ALL-Image Exchange).
Lane Library has black-and-white copiers available in their main building; more information can be found on their Print, Copy, Scan page.
- Pictures and documents can be scanned in using the scanning workstations in the Redwood Room at Lane Medical Library and on the 4th floor of the Li Ka Shing Center.
Next to each station is a handout covering the basics of document scanning for PDF and OCR (Optical Character Recognition), as well as the basics of photo/image scanning. There is also an online scanning tutorial. The Library and Computer Lab have the basic scanning and multimedia software (Adobe Acrobat, OmniPage Pro, Adobe Photoshop, etc.)