Stanford University School of Medicine is a research-intensive medical school. IRT supports the School's research mission through a variety of services.
These services include:
- HIPAA Information Privacy and Security: IRT provides advice and assistance with HIPAA information privacy and security issues for all School of Medicine faculty, staff, and students
- Data Center Services: IRT provides researchers with secure, HIPAA-compliant Data Center services.
- Clinical Informatics Consultation Service: A free service to SUMC researchers.
- Clinical Data Access: IRT provides IRB-approved research projects with clinical data from LPCH and SHC.
- Research Data Management: IRT designs, developes and operates research data management solutions.
- Biospecimen Registry: IRT operates an enterprise-level biospecimen data management system.
- Websites: IRT provides public web systems and support for school web sites.
- Clinical Trials: IRT operates the Stanford Clinical Trials Registry.
- Faculty/Staff/Student Profiles: IRT maintains the Community Academic Profile (CAP) system which provides a searchable profiles for the public.
- Online Surveys: IRT maintains a HIPAA compliant online survey tool that can be used to collect data for IRB approved research projects.