School of Medicine Registrar's Office USMLE® Information
To apply for a United States Medical Licensing Examination ® (USMLE®) Step 1 or Step 2 CK and CS Exam:
- Log on to the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) website
- Complete the online application
- At the end of the online application, there are instructions for completing a “Certification of Identification and Authorization Form." Print and complete the form. Attach your photo.
- Submit the completed form to the Registrar in MSOB 1st Floor, X100, 1265 Welch Road, Stanford, CA 94305-5404. Forms can be submitted at the front reception desk or Registrar's cube X1C06.
- The form will be completed within 1 week. You will be notified by email when it is mailed to the NBME.
Applications for Step 1 exams, and in some cases Step 2 exams, require an online enrollment verification on the NBME website by the School of Medicine Registrar. The online verifications are completed at least once a week on Wednesdays.