Applying for a USMLE Step exam
- To apply for USMLE Step 1 or Step 2 CK and CS, log into the NBME website to
- Complete the online application
- At the end of the online application, there are instructions for completing a “Certification of Identification and Authorization Form." Print and complete the form. Attach a photo.
- Submit the completed form to the Registrar in MSOB 1st Floor, X100, 1265 Welch Road Stanford, CA 94305-5404. Forms can be submitted at the front reception desk or Registrar's cube.
- The form will be completed by the School of Medicine Registrar’s Office, and takes 1-2 weeks to process. You will be notified when it is mailed to the NBME
- Applications for Step 1 exams, and in some cases Step 2 exams, require an online enrollment verification on the NBME website by the Registrar. The online verifications are completed at least once a week on Wednesdays.