In addition to satisfying the requirements for the MD degree, students entering in Academic Year 2017-18 must also complete the following requirements.
Satisfactory completion of a minimum total of 259 required academic units as specified in the table Courses and Units for Students Matriculating Academic Year 2017-18.
Students cannot graduate with any uncorrected failing grade in a pre-clerkship course or any uncorrected failing or marginal pass grade in clinical clerkships. Students can graduate with one uncorrected marginal pass in a pre-clerkship course having fewer than eight units.
Students must successfully complete all required courses on the pre-clerkship grid (145 units).
A minimum of fifteen and one-half months (96 units) in clinical clerkships.
- MED 295 Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – 2 units
- INDE 297 Reflections, Research, and Advances in Patient Care – 4 units
- Scholarly Concentration – Completion of 12 units of coursework and other requirements of a Scholarly Concentration
- Demonstration of at least minimum competency in a comprehensive Clinical Performance Examination (CPX)
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) requirements