Help Me Figure Out What I Need

The following table identifies how to address various needs that may arise.

Service Needed What to Do

Urgent maintenance needs, including:

  • Burning electrical odor
  • Cold box temperature problems
  • Major water leak
  • Overflowing toilet
  • Strange equipment noises
  • Strong gas odor
  • Too hot/cold in controlled temperature labs
  • Unable to secure exterior door
  • Any other very urgent situation

(See Who Pays for my Request for more details) 

Call 721-2146

(This is a 24/7 Line)

To report a same day service need, such as:

  • Doors/locks in need of adjustment, not closing properly
  • Roof leaks
  • Uncontrolled leaks

(See Who Pays for What for more details)

Use Quick Response Form or call the service desk at 721-2146 for the items listed on the left. If your urgent item needs to be funded by your department, please fill out the online request form and enter your department PTA.  If your Customer Funded work is urgent, note “URGENT” in the description and include a timeline.

School of Medicine Building Repairs

  • Door locks
  • Floors in hallways & Stairwells
  • Light Switches
  • Minor pest control problems
  • Temperature too hot/cold
  • Thermostat malfunction
  • Toilets/Urinals/Sinks
  • Window not opening/closing
Use Facilities Funded Form for maintenance work on the common infrastructure of a building, such as a cracked baseboard in a hallway, a window that is difficult to open, or a noisy bathroom door.

Departmental Maintenance:

  • Adding electric outlet for new equipment
  • Building cabinets/bookshelves
  • Hanging pictures/whiteboards
  • Installing purchased furniture, shelving
  • Moving of equipment/furniture
  • Re-keying door locks
  • Repairing cabinetry
  • Repairing window coverings
  • Seismic Bracing

(See Who Pays for my Request for more details)

Use Customer Funded Form for non-emergency work in a department space, for example, painting an office or rekeying a door. You may also use this form for janitorial work requests.