Katherine Werbaneth, MD
Internship: University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI, 2016
Medical School: Boston University, Boston, MA, 2015
Undergraduate: Emory University, Neuroscience, Atlanta, GA, 2011
- Movement Disorders
- Functional Neurological Disorders
- Quality Improvement
Stanford University Resident Safety Council
July 2017- Present
Women in Medicine Leadership Council
Co-Chair, Community Committee
July 2017- Present
Clinical Neuroscience Society
Boston University School of Medicine
March 2012- April 2013
Werbaneth K, Tummalapalli P, Gold CA. Variability of Human Prion Disease Policies and Procedures in Leading US Neurological Institutions. Platform Presentation. Presented at the 70th Annual American Academy of Neurology in the Practice, Policy, and Ethics session on April 25, 2018. Awarded Abstract of Distinction.
Werbaneth K, Shum J, Deane S, Larrenaga M, Tse J, Vora N. Reducing Costs and Length of Stay Using Standardized Dysphagia Evaluation in Acute Stroke Patients. Platform Presentation. Presented at the International Stroke Conference on January 25, 2018 in Los Angeles, CA.
Werbaneth K, Goyal T, Beriner E, Vora N. Code 420: A case series of accidental marijuana ingestion masquerading as acute stroke Poster. Presented at the 70th Annual American Academy of Neurology on April 23, 2018.
Werbaneth K, Leaver KE, Bullock K. Documentation Bias in Functional Neurological Disorders: Comparing the Prevalence and Documentation of Suspected FND with Other Common Neurological Disorders. Poster Presentation. Presented at the 3rd International Conference on Functional (Psychogenic) Neurological Disorders on Sept 8, 2017 & Stanford University Neuroscience Symposium on June 9, 2017 (winner of “best poster”).
Shum J, Werbaneth K, Tse J, Larrenaga M, Deane S, Vora N, Dysphagia Delaying Discharge in Acute Stroke Patients. Poster Presentation. Presented at both the Stanford University Resident & Fellow Quality Improvement & Patient Safety Symposium on May 15, 2017 (winner of "best poster") & the Stanford University Neuroscience Symposium on June 9, 2017 (winner of “best poster”).
Wilson E, Xu H , Peirce M, Mookerjee V, Ciambotti A, Montouris G, and Werbaneth K. The Impact of Educational Intervention on Knowledge of Epilepsy and Medication Adherence. Poster Presentation at the Third Annual Carlos S. Kase BU Neurology Research Symposium on April 25, 2017.
Werbaneth K, Wilson E, Ciambotti A, Montouris G. Assessing the Role of Cultural Perceptions and Knowledge of Epilepsy on Medication Adherence in a Multi Ethnic Epilepsy Clinic: A Pilot Study. Neurology 2015; 84 (14). Moderated Poster Presentation at the American Academy of Neurology Conference 2015. Poster Session VII. Epilepsy/Clinical Neurophysiology (EEG) Poster Discussion Session P7.009
Zuzuarregui JR, Werbaneth K, Iin Q, Tonn C, Murray C, Lee Sok, Holer A. Prevalence of Restless Legs Syndrome in an Atypical Parkinson's Disease Patient Population. Poster Presentation at the American Academy of Neurology Conference 2015.
Thaci B, Brown CE, Binello E, Werbaneth K, Sampath P, Sengupta S. Significance of interleukin-13 receptor alpha 2–targeted glioblastoma therapy. Neuro Oncol.. 2014; 16 (10); 1304- 1312.
- 2018: Abstract of Distinction, 70th American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting
- 2018: Alpha Omega Alpha, Stanford University
- 2018: Platform Presentation American Academy of Neurology
- 2018: Platform Presentation International Stroke Conference
- 2018: Education Grant 2018 NANS Neurology Neuromodulation Workshop
- 2017: Winner of “Best Poster” at the Stanford University Resident & Fellow Quality Improvement & Patient Safety Symposium
- 2017: Winner of “Best Poster” at the Stanford University Neuroscience Symposium on June 9, 2017.
- 2017: Recipient of Movement Disorders Society Grant to attend MDS-PAS Movement Disorders School of Neurology Residents March 4-5, 2017, Atlanta, GA
- 2017: Recipient of American Epilepsy Society Travel Grant to attend the 3rd International Conference on Functional (Psychogenic) Neurological Disorders, Sept 6-8, 2017, Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2015: American Academy of Neurology Medical Student Prize for Excellence, May 2015
- 2015: Selected for Moderated Poster Presentation, 68th American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting
Hiking, backpacking, & Hawaii