Nuriel Moghavem, MD
Internship: Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Medical School: Stanford School of Medicine
Undergraduate: Columbia University
- Health systems reform
- Quality improvement
LEADERSHIP AND POLICY EXPERIENCE
- Gavin Newsom for Governor: Health Policy Advisor (2017 - Present)
- California Medical Association: Chair, Residents and Fellows Section (2018 - Present); Technical Advisory Committee on Health Reform (2017 - Present); Council on Medical Services (2017 - Present); Trustee (2015 - 2017); Chair, Medical Student Section (2014-2015)
- California State Assembly, Office of Richard S. Gordon, 24th District: Legislative Assistant for water, environment and technology; Secretary, Assembly Select Committee on Water Consumption and Alternative Sources (2015 – 2016)
- COUGH (Campuses Organized and United for Good Health): Student Advisory Board (2016 - 2017)
- American Medical Association: Delegate (2013-2015)
Moghavem N and Magnus D (2019). Ethical Considerations in Transplant Patients. In Y. Sher and J. Maldonado (Eds.), Psychosocial Care of End-Stage Organ Disease and Transplant Patients, (pp.527-538). Springer.
Moghavem N. “The California Cap-and-Trade Program: A Model Policy for Promoting Environmental Justice Using Accountability for Reasonableness.” American Journal of Bioethics, March 2018.
Moghavem N. “Using Technology to Facilitate Better Community Consultation with Marginalized Communities.” American Journal of Bioethics, May 2017.
Moghavem N, McDonald K, Ratliff J, Hernandez-Boussard T. “Performance Measures in Neurosurgical Patient Care: Differing Applications of Patient Safety Indicators.” Medical Care, January 2016.
Moghavem N, Morrison D, Ratliff J, Hernandez-Boussard T. “Cranial Neurosurgical 30-Day Readmissions by Clinical Indication.” Journal of Neurosurgery, Vol 123, No 1, July 2015.
Lee B, Moghavem N, Black KL, Yu JS, et al., “Nanoprodrugs of NSAIDs: Preparation and Characterization of Flufenamic Acid Nanoprodrugs,” Journal of Drug Delivery, vol. 2011, Article ID 980720, 13 pages, 2011. doi:10.1155/2011/980720
- 2020 American Academy of Neurology's Enhanced Resident Leadership Program
- Stanford Ethics Center Fellow
- Stanford Graduate Public Service Fellow
- Pegasus Physician Writers
- 2017 Stanford School of Medicine Match Day Class Speaker
- Reading, especially US History
- International travel
- Creative writing