Stanford assumes the financial responsibility for medical malpractice liability incurred by registered MSPA Studies program students when participating in any clinical activities as part of their formal educational program at the Stanford University Medical Center, or at other Stanford-‐approved medical facilities. However, it is very important that Stanford MSPA Studies program students be certain they are protected when participating in clinical work in special situations. Therefore, students should consult the Director of Clerkship Education if they will be:
- Undertaking a clinical clerkship at another hospital or PA school in the United States while not paying tuition and not registered as a PA student at Stanford.
- Undertaking a clinical experience in a foreign country while not paying tuition and not registered at Stanford.
- Participating in any volunteer clinical work away from Stanford.
- Working in a private physician’s office.
- Participating in any clinical activities not at Stanford that are not covered in (1) through (4) above.
Stanford reserves the right, without prior notice, to modify its practices with regard to financial responsibility for medical malpractice liability.